Rainbow Bright - a November quilt

Every fall our elementary school hosts an International Food Festival and Silent Auction. Last year as I scouted out the items up for bid I realized I should have donated a quilt. This year I am more on the ball (slightly) and remembered this BEFORE the event. I didn't really have one already made that I felt would be a good one to donate. Around the same time as I was thinking about what to do, I saw a rainbow scrap quilt by Rachel at Stitched in Color. I have tons of scraps and this just seemed like a perfect little quilt for an elementary school auction.

And now it's done. I decided to avoid fabrics with a lot of white in them, for a more bold effect.



I was able to use a bold stripe for the binding and had this white fabric with little yellow flowers for the back. Love the rainbows peeking through with the sunshine!

Comments

  1. What a great idea for a school auction! I'm sure it will be a big hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel is such an inspiration. Your quilt turned out absolutely beautiful.
    This quilt is very color filled and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a big hit in the school office when I dropped it off.

      Delete

Post a Comment