Fall finishes

As the holidays approached, my project list sort of grew. Some were projects for gifts and some were projects that sort of happened as I dug around in the fabric.





Friday I was able to finish the first of two quilts that I needed to finish before Christmas. I got it ready for photos at around 5 p.m. only to discover that it was already getting dark.  It seemed light enough so I adjusted my camera and plowed on.


This is a pre-Christmas gift. As I thought about what I wanted to make for this person, I found an idea that seemed to meet the requirements I had in my mind on the Purple Panda Quilts website-random half square triangles in the colors I was considering. I am not so good at random but I grew to like it because I could just stick them up on the design board and move on. I moved a few at the end to make sure I had a decent balance of dark vs. light, but it did end up better than I expected.




Quilt one down and one more to go!
The Christmas sale on my Etsy shop this year is free shipping on all orders in December. Would love to clear out the inventory to make room for next year's projects!

Comments

  1. Great quilt! I love the simple design, and the backing is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun projects on the go!! LOVE that zig zag you're working on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment