For Katie's boy

My most recent quilt finish was for an upcoming baby shower. She requested a teal and gray quilt, and I decided it was time to do another hour glass (or quarter square triangle) quilt. I worked out the math to figure out how many fabrics and blocks I needed--and over estimated. Which just means I have a head start on the other baby quilt I need to do, a gray and white one.






I had this teal polka dot flannel, and had the perfect amount. I will need to get a backing for that gray and white one later --hopefully flannel supplies are better than solids. I doubt many are making flannel face masks, so I'll probably be good. 

Finished it off with a scrappy binding of more of the teal fabrics. I like the end result, but had forgotten how much trimming is involved with this quilt block. Not so fun. All done now though and ready for the drop off at the baby shower next weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment