Fall

 As the weather has changed, we've spent some time together doing those fall things. Gratefully they are all wonderful things that we can do together as a family--the focus of this year even more so since we are still in this pandemic.

I got us a fire pit and we cooked some hot dogs and s'mores--once we finally got the fire started (thanks to Isaac's hiking stash of firestarters). This is one of our favorite parts of camping. We haven't recovered enough yet from our last camping trip a year and a half ago. 




Yes, the rest of the family was there too. They are camera shy.

And there was pumpkin carving another day--with power tools:




This weekend--while it was still warm and sunny--I ventured onto the OU campus by our house. The mums are in full bloom.



So with all this fall-ness, the scenery adds a bit more beauty to quilt pictures. I hurried to finish up these next two of the memory quilts because of that. I also didn't want to have to take winter pictures, which is what I would get if I procrastinated.






These two turned out quite a bit different from each other. They both have bits of t-shirts, flannel shirts, and house dresses from their grandparents. Both the mix of those for each of these two cousins differed enough that one had quite a rich fall color mix, while the other leaned toward a cooler, winter look. Two more of these left to complete the set. 

I decided to finish up this quilt before I start on those last ones, to give myself a bit of a break with some lovely fabrics I have collected for a while.


This will be a bigger quilt, and has been a fun one to work on, at least so far! It is from a Jeni Baker pattern from a Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine. 


Comments