December quilts for Christmas

 A couple more finishes as we approach the end of the year. The first is a gift, well, really they both are, but one is a Christmas gift.

I decided to revisit a pattern I used a few years ago after finding a bundle of Christmas flannels. I added a few that I had left over from other projects and some black flannel for the checkerboard pattern. It can also double as a lint catcher apparently!


Backed it with more flannel and finished it off with a plain black binding.

Next up is my daughter's request. Apparently I have never made her a Christmas quilt. She has a zillion others but not a Christmas one. So I gathered up all the Christmas fabric I could find on my shelf and in scrap bins.


And yes, I had enough to make a throw sized quilt, with more scraps to add back in to the bins when I feel like sorting stacks of scraps.



I did need to buy backing,  and found this fun Christmas flannel. Already had the candy cane strip for the binding. And this gift was handed off last night in time to pile on the quilts on her bed.

As I finished the black flannel checkerboard I used the last of the thread I received last Christmas--it made it all the way through to December. And with my daughter's quilt, I finished off the roll of batting. Something else to add to a Christmas wish list!




Comments