October quilt - Lisa's World

I finally finished another quilt. I have no idea why I didn't finish one in September-or even work on one. I know my sewing room was the staging room for a lot of room shuffling, so it may have been that I couldn't really get in there to do much? I don't know. Anyway, I have one for October!


My friend Lisa was redecorating her guest room and asked for a quilt for the daybed. She had a few pieces of fabric for me to include--the world print with the people, the yellow and blue floral, and at least one other--all in different sizes. I was hoping to do something to use the fabric without cutting it too much, especially the world fabric. We talked about an improv, and when I mentioned something a bit more formal, she found a pattern called Jack's Blocks

Because of the larger pieces, it went together fairly quickly. I found the perfect backing for her travel theme with all kinds of flags.


She also asked for some shams to go with it, since it was for a daybed with three pillows along the back. I muddled my way through that and was able to hand it off this weekend. Here is a photo she sent me of all of it in use:


I am also working on a baby quilt and should have that done this month too, unless I lose track of time again.




Comments