Catching up

Well, since my last post was in mid October, I have THREE quilts to share.

Back in October I made a baby quilt for a friend who has waited a long time to welcome her baby girl to the world. She sent me some colors and I made this:






Then in November I started on another In This Corner quilt. As I ordered some fabric to add to what I and my friend (the one who asked for it), I was asked if I would be able to make a couple of Christmas gifts for another friend. I said yes.

I took over my son's desk (off at college anyway) and cut one quilt in there while I worked on the other in my sewing room, which is on the smaller side. Especially with the outdoor plants sharing the space with me. And I am just remembering that I was also working on a log cabin scrap quilt. And that I also found a sewing machine at an estate sale and had it set up in the living room. Craziness.




For the first of the Christmas gifts, I used the Star Pop quilt pattern. It was more involved than I expected and took a while to piece each block. Not complicated, just more steps than I was used to.




I finished it off with a flannel backing and a candy cane stripe binding. 

For the second one, light blue was the color choice, and I had some scripture quote panels that I wanted to incorporate as well. After searching through a zillion options, I settled on the basic square in a square pattern.




It also got a flannel backing, because those are the best for snuggling under on cold nights.


Those were delivered today and I can breathe a bit. I still have that finished log cabin quilt top folded on the back of a chair in the living room just waiting to be basted, as well as all the blocks ready for the In This Corner quilt number 2. I even started attempting to lay those out one evening--but the dog thought it looked like a fun game so I quickly stacked them back up for a different day. Maybe when someone can take the dog on a LONG walk. 



Comments