A couple more quilts

 

Last month I finished up this baby quilt out of leftover blocks from another quilt (or two), along with some more blocks pieced out of teal scraps for the alternating squares. 


And still more of those hourglass blocks leftover to help me get that plaid piece wide enough to use on the backing. 


I had the fabrics for this next quilt selected for quite a while, long enough to add a few here and there as well as pull a few when I needed them for another quilt. Sometimes it just takes me a while to figure out how I want to use the fabric. I finally decided to use Cluck Cluck Sew's Squares and Strips tutorial. I chose the throw size to use the amount of fabric I had for it, adding one more fabric for variety. That gave me enough squares to add an extra row so it is roughly 56" x 72".




I pieced together some flannel that I had leftover from previous quilts for the backing:


Neither of these quilts were made specifically for someone. The baby quilt will be good to have on hand for a gift. I'm guessing I will end up adding this bigger one to my Etsy shop since the options on there are pretty low right now. Until then, looking forward to spring break and thinking about some quilts made from used clothing for my next projects.





Comments