Spring break 2022

 This year for our family spring break trip, we headed out of state--but not too far across the border really. We decided to try the Eureka Springs area. It was a little off season for them, since apparently a lot closes down for the winter in the area. Several places had reopened, thankfully, and even more will be open within the next week or two. We wanted to take the dog on this trip so I found a pet friendly rent house a little bit north of Eureka Springs in Eagle Rock, Missouri. That put us in lake country too--although it was too early to enjoy that much either.

Our first day in we started with a dog park, conveniently near a public parking area.

We then toured around a bit on the upper end of Eureka Springs near the Crescent Hotel. I didn't seem to take many pictures.



For lunch we headed to one place (closed for the winter) and then made a detour to Bubba's Barbeque, one that I had made note of because their outdoor seating allowed pets. They were super friendly (even gave Clementine a little cup of chicken) and the food was great!


We attempted to visit Snake World (closed) then headed back to our rent house for dog walks and naps. I think that night we grabbed some takeout fajita from a restaurant in Holiday Island. 

The next day the kids and I headed back to Eureka Springs to visit the lower end of Eureka Springs on up without the dog. 
We stopped at the Artist Colony (closed):

and wandered around a bit, sometimes a bit lost



We eventually settled on a late lunch at Main Street Cafe and then freed up a parking spot for more visitors. 
Later that day more dog walks and the kids finally joined me on the path down to the Roaring River, which was sort of on someone else's property but I just stuck to the side and hoped for the best. Grace and I headed back down there near sunset.




We came home mid week, so some of us got to go to work a day or two to finish out the week. Today Grace and I had another day off. The weather changed over night making it a little too cold and windy to be outside much, so we went to Summit Climbing. No pictures since I stashed all the stuff I brought in--and that's ok. It is a bit tough since those are not muscles I use much on a regular basis, and a mental challenge on top of that. 

Thankful for the time with the family and the chance to get away for a few days.



Comments