The September quilts

I was looking at other people's blog from the links on my own blog and then happened to notice that I had not made a post for either of the quilts I finished this month!

The two quilts are twins--both made from the same pattern-- and made for two different families I know expecting babies in a few months. 

First up was this one:


Each block is basically a 9-patch design, with the colors of the quilt inspired by the fabric I had selected for the backing.

I sort of paid attention to the fabric requirements and cutting instructions, but they were a bit vague. I don't like to waste fabric and figured out a good cutting pattern to get the most amount of sets out of the 2 1/2" strips. I ended up with a lot of extra blocks. So I sat those aside, finished up this quilt and then started another one. I had enough of a kitty flannel left over from a previous project to use for this quilt, and used the coloring from that to select the fabric for the remaining quilt blocks I needed.



I like them both!


Comments