December quilt 1: Joyful Joyful

Over the past month, I have been working my way through each color of fabric scraps. When possible, I cut 2-1/2" squares of each color and then assembled those into 9 patch blocks. It was a tedious process. In some cases it made a huge dent in the scrap been, and for other colors, not so much. When I finished working my way through, I was able to make this:


The colors just seem to glow together. It is a throw size quilt, roughly 48" x 60", although it may have ended up a little smaller after washing.



The back and binding were the same polka dot fabric, which I got recently at a local sale. The colors coordinated and the pattern was a good balance for the busy, vibrant quilt top. 



One last picture with our dog down below patrolling the backyard, I guess to make sure no squirrels got in the way of my photo shoot!

This weekend I will work on a Christmas quilt I decided to make last weekend. I think it will go together fairly quick, depending on what else I try to jam in along the way. 


Comments