Last quilt of the year -- Candy Cane

 As I sorted through my fabric looking for a backing for my previous quilt, I found 2 yards of a Christmas fabric that I bought a year or two ago. It didn't work for that quilt but I decided it was time to use it. I had also set a side a two color quilt pattern earlier in the year and decided it would be perfect to use.

I finished it up today and did NOT want to go outside to take pictures. It is a small throw (a smaller version than the pattern) to fit the fabric I had for the backing. 



The backing is this retro looking print from Alexander Henry. It reminds me of illustrations from a children's book. I still need to wash this one. I always like them better washed--I know other quilters sometimes prefer them unwashed. I just think they look more loved and lovely, especially with fabric that has a bit of stiffness to them like these solids. 


This brings our Christmas quilt total to 3-- two are mine and one belongs to my daughter. I also have a flannel lap quilt that was my Papa's that I display at Christmas too on our stair railing. And, that brings my total of quilts made this year to 18, unless I've missed one. 


Comments