catching up on March

 March seemed like a whirlwind of a month. 

At the beginning of the month I finished off this Molehills quilt I made as part of a quilt-a-long. I hadn't participated in those, usually because by the time I heard about one, I was already in the middle of a few other ideas. This one hit at a right time, and looked like a good challenge. The pattern and template was designed by Laatifah Saafir, and she really seemed like a genius as I cut these arc (with fabric folded in half) in the 5 different sizes. I loved this quilt and the color blast so much that I kept it for myself. 








The middle of the month was spring break for both of my children. My daughter had a wisdom teeth extraction planned during the week, so instead of traveling, we did some staycation for the other days. Over the first weekend, our family from the Tulsa area came to visit. We visited our Farmer's Market then headed next door to Neighborhood Jam for brunch. Then over to our house to visit a little more and have dessert. 

On Sunday our family of 4 headed to the movie theater to watch Dune 2.

On Monday, my daughter and I headed to my parents' house for lunch. She drove. It is a bit nerve-wracking but she did fine. 

The next day was the wisdom teeth removal, with the goofiness after and the stout pill regimen. She learned to swallow pills by the end of the week, so at least there was an added bonus to all that. She invited a friend to come over that afternoon to hang out with her and take her mind off of the weirdness and any pain she had.

On Wednesday afternoon another friend came to visit. I don't remember what I was doing during all these visits, but since I finished 3 quilts in March, I'm guessing I was sewing.

Thursday morning we headed to an estate sale in town. I found a couple of quilts, some bookends, and a pillowcase. Grace and her friend found some jewelry. And then we took the dog to the groomer. 

On Friday both of my kids went to visit my sister and her husband. I was off pill duty for awhile. 




At some point that weekend I finished this quilt using leftover fabric from a quilt I made in January using Ruby Star Society fabric. I added the last pack I had won to those fabrics and made this baby quilt. 

On Saturday, Grace wanted to pick tulips at Sweetpea Farms in here in Norman. I didn't really want her to pick ours so we headed over.





 And the last quilt I finished in March was this one using some of the more bold fabrics I had






And in March I read a few books. All in all a bit jam packed but not too much so, although things seemed to start picking up for sure the last weekend of the month (Easter weekend).





Comments