What I made this spring

Well, I haven't made any posts for awhile because April and May was just so much crazy busy that I did not have them mental space to even think of what to type.  Some of that crazy was finishing up some quilt gifts. I am slowly shifting into a summer speed and am ready to post these. And maybe later even a post about our memorial weekend family trip.

First up is a scrap quilt I made for the 1st grader that I mentored this year and last. He will be moving to a different school next year, so I decided I wanted to make him one as part of his goodbye gift.

This is made with ALOT of 2 1/2" squares. I always discover quite a bit of scraps that don't really work for this size, but as you can see I still found plenty. These were his two favorite colors.




I also finished up a baby quilt for a shower that same week of May, based on the colors she wanted to use for her nursery. The pattern is the Erica pattern by Kitchen Table Quilting. I will probably use this pattern again in the future in a larger size.




As I looked through my green and yellow fabric, I realized I had what I needed--in the bin of discarded dress shirts from a clothes closet cleanout at the end of last summer. The racks were jammed full so we pulled all that had stained necks or cuffs, or were an odd style. I grabbed a few from the giveaway pile to try to repurpose. It looks like I added in the dark green solid and the daisy print. The backing is green with white pin dot. 

The last one I needed to finish in May was a t-shirt quilt for one of my friends who was retiring for our local elementary school. While probably not all of the quilts she had collected while at the school, it was definitely a lot of the most recent ones.




 I think the backing on this one is navy/dark blue with white pin dot. This one was a fun one (once I ironed on all of the interfacing) and I'm so glad I got to make this for her. Then I took a sewing break and spent the rest of the month reading in my free time, based on the amount of books I finished last month.

This month I have a couple quilt tops finished and basted to their backing, plus one more in process that will require me to sew together more of those 2-1/2" squares to finish, this time in pink and white. Hope to post those soon!




Comments