At the end of August my work hours reverted to usual as I finished an interim position I had been working for the past year. The additional time I had definitely helped me finish more quilts. I DID not have additional time in August, but coming back from our vacation I must have had a lot of creative energy. And also just needed to have something to do to decompress as my children moved in/moved out etc. It was a crazy month! So despite my hopes of posting about our summer vacation, that did not happen.
August quilts:
I knew I wanted to increase my options of quilts to sell at the local shop here in Norman (Stash) and on my Etsy site AAQuilts. I wanted to add a couple of solid color quilts and this is the first of those. I used a pattern called Merriment by Sarah Made. I did learn that I need to be more careful to choose solid fabrics that are newer and less likely to bleed--one of the pinks caused a bit of that for me to treat and fix. Like most of my quilts, I did not want to go buy another piece of fabric for the backing and used more of the solid fabrics in a simple stripe. I also used some of the leftover from the top for a scrappy binding. It is currently for sale at Stash. The link goes to the listing --so if the link no longer works, it has been purchased.
The next quilt for August was a baby quilt using a mix--some leftovers from a previous quilt that had set aside as the starter with some new Heather Ross by Hand fabric to coordinate. And then just a bit more I could find in my scrap bins to even out the layout. This one (and the next one) are listed on my Etsy site.
The last one I finished up in August was a scrap quilt, with improv piecing and then all the blocks cut to size. I started with pink and yellow and then needed a few more--green won!
Finally got to use that 4 yd piece of unicorn fabric I bought a few years ago!
September:
I finished up one more quilt to add to my delivery to Stash, this one still with a modern vibe but used patterned fabric. The color scheme started with the floral print on the backing.
The listing for this one at Stash: Lemonade.
I made a baby quilt for a friend's new grandbaby:
I made a t-shirt quilt for a friend's granddaughter:
My final finish in September was inspired by s quilt pattern (this Berry Parfait one) and the visit to the Tula Pink exhibit at the National Quilt Museum we visited in Paducah. At some point I might use that quilt pattern as originally intended with a bin of scraps, but this time I chose 10" squares of the Floral Reef fabric line. I did check the math to make sure it would be enough (it was). There were enough extra squares that I could omit a few of the ones that would have had less contrast.
I had a one yard piece of the confetti backing fabric and headed to the store just in case it was still in production since the colors were perfect--it was! This one will be added to my Etsy site when I have a chance to take a few more photos in better lighting.
That's all for now!

























Comments
Post a Comment