Sunrise, Sunset - an October quilt

I finished up this quilt at the beginning of the week but have had a few computer issues (crashed hard drive), making it very difficult to download the pictures and make a blog post. With my husband's help, I've finally been able to download the pictures and shift computers. Very thankful for Dropbox and an new external hard drive! Now on to the quilt.

This quilt began with a group of purple and orange fabrics I had. Some of them had a bit of green, so I added some of that to the mix. And then stuck it in a bin. Later I saw the "Vivid Grid" pattern by Sharon McConnell in the Spring 2017 Quilts and More magazine, and new it would be a perfect fit. It called for a lot of low volume fabrics, which I dug out from some new ones as well as some scraps from previous quilts.



The pattern extended one more row, but I ran out of some of the pieces and stopped it as a square. I was able to use a lot of the leftover pieces for this strip along the back.


I'm working on another quilt using the Vintage Spin pattern as well as getting ready to start piecing together a coins quilt from the fabrics I found in Watonga. That's one benefit to rainy days and mosquitoes, and even crashed computers--I make a lot of quilts!

Comments

  1. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. It looks perfect for any season. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment