February quilt 2 - double plus quilt

Back in November, Cath on Wombat Quilts blog posted a double plus quilt block. I thought it would be a great scrappy quilt block and started working on it fairly quickly. And fairly quickly I then discovered that it was going to use way more of the low volume scraps than any other colors. I kept working on it off and on between other projects and decided that February would be time to finish this one. 


I finished the top at the end of the Olympics and decided this would be the perfect time for some hand quilting with the thicker thread I like to add sometimes. I kept it fairly minimal, outlining the center of each plus, along with a some horizontal stitching at the top of each section.


Since it was baby sized, I added flannel to the back--a fun pink neighborhoodscape I bought at Joann's, probably during one of their mega flannel sales.



Hanging on to this one for a little bit to see if anyone I know is expecting a girl baby.

Comments

  1. I love this quilt. Well done. It looks so happy. I love the fabrics too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on your sweet quilt finish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment