on the road again: Camp Classen

This week my daughter's class spent three days at YMCA's Camp Classen--and I got to go! I was a little concerned at the beginning of the week when our temps dipped way below freezing, but by midweek all was well.



The school asked me to help make sure we had plenty of pictures of the kids, and I loved getting to help with that as the kids played, hiked, danced, and learned all kinds of new things. Of course I don't need to share all of those here, but it did mean I was able to take lots of pictures of my daughter.










The kids played hard and tried so many new things. They learned they could climb up a mountain. They could shoot an arrow and use an atladl and throw tomahawks. They learned to work together despite all of their personalities (there are a LOT of leaders in these two classes).




They learned about types of biomes and ecotones and rock formations. They learned about fossils and how we use our senses differently when it is dark. And they got to spend LOADS of time with their classmates. Which was good, because they all had lots of words to say!





I am so grateful for the chance to go with them and spend the past three days outside, hiking, shooting arrows, and just watching the kids take it all in. Thanks to these two (Mrs. Ham and Mrs. Stein) for sharing this opportunity with their kids!




Comments