Adding in black and white


I finished this one at the end of April, and got a few pics before the rain started again.
And then didn't really have time to post them on here, just on Instagram.



The pattern was from on old Quilty magazine (Nov/Dec 2014) called Check Plus by Cheryl Brickey. In her version, all of the crosses were all different colors of gingham. Back last summer or fall, I thought I would try it with all of the black and white patterned fabrics I had been accumulating. And some where along the way I found this plus fabric, the perfect backing.


I also hurried and planted my garden before the rain started, since it was almost May. I had been waiting past the late freezes--and hopefully those are way past by now.


One more picture of part of my backyard, which is loving all the rain we have had.

It rained off and on all week after I took these, so I am hoping the garden gets a good start. I held off on seeds, because I have learned that planting those before rain means that I have plants growing in all sorts of odd clumps all over the garden. With all of that rain, and despite a busy work week, I somehow also finished another baby quilt. Pictures to come soon!

Comments