August quilts 2 and 3

I am noticing that I did not yet make a post about my daughter's 11th birthday and all the the celebrations for that, but since that requires thought and words, I will post this quick update on two quilts I finished up last week. Both kids went back to school, so I had a bit more time on my hands. No more of those last minute fun day trips to squeeze in before school, or weeklong birthday plans. Just finish a couple of projects.

This is a t-shirt quilt for a friend's daughter. I have two bags of t-shirts in a holding pattern for her son. They are covered in Texas orange so it's gonna take me a bit to gear up for that one.


In my continuing quest to use up my scraps AND find people who need a quilt, I realized I had missed a family and a new baby boy. I was able to use quite a bit of blue scraps but not all. The backing is flannel. I think I might have purchased it at one point to use for a quilt for my son and then changed my mind, because I had quite a bit more of it than I typically purchase.




That's all the quilts for this month. I realized I hadn't finished the travel book I had started from vacation and plan to do that this week on my off-work days. I have about 7 to 8 quilts planned or promised though, so I will start something soon.

Comments