Summer Adventures - Crystal Bridge

One of the first places I had on my list to visit once we were able to -- once it reopened-- was the Crystal Bridge in the Myriad Gardens of OKC. For awhile in early spring, my kids tried to convince me that we needed to build a greenhouse in our backyard. I would prefer to visit them, and that was about when everything shut down.  At the end of May we were able to visit this one. We headed out early so we could get there when they opened and hopefully before few others were there. I took a lot of pictures of plants, thinking I would draw them at home where there would be more time to sit and do that (I haven't yet).









One end of the bridge features tropical plants and the other end is more desert. We were there about an hour and then more people started coming in -- and it was lunch time. We headed out side and found a shady spot to eat our picnic. We then walked around a bit until it was getting a bit too hot.





After this we headed to the Antique Co-Op to hopefully find a cedar chest or trunk for my daughter's baby/school stuff. It was piled in all sorts of places and needed a home. It was fun exploring in this huge store. We found one right at the front -- and my son found himself some albums. The albums fit a lot better in the front seat with him than the cedar chest did in the back-but we got it in there and was even able to bring Grace home too!


Comments