Indigo

A week ago, we finally gathered up the necessary gear, opened the box of indigo dye, and played around with it.

The first day, my daughter and I dyed some fabric, some shirts and other clothing, and dish towels we found at a local store.





It is really pretty as the green changes to blue. 

My daughter's favorite part was opening up the bundles to see what patterns we made. It brought her so much joy!




The second day, brother joined us. I think we went back for more shirts at that point. They both wanted hoodies or long sleeve shirts, which are a bit hard to find in the middle of summer!


We did up buying some other dyes and more white clothing to do some tie dye, but the heat stopped that project. 

I took the fabric squares I indigo dyed and assembled a small quilt. I think the squares were about 8". It took me a little bit to narrow down what I wanted to use for the backing (I had to buy something for this one) but settled on this white with black dots. 



I should have one more quilt finished in a week or so, one my daughter requested for her room. Hoping to finish before her birthday!




Comments