A September quilt finish

I sewed several smallish quilts in August and now in September I will slowly finish them up. First up is a baby quilt for one of my children's former teachers. I was able to use the abundance of quarter square triangles I made from a previous quilt, switching up the layout a bit. Here it is last week as I finished up the top:


And then today finished up (and under cloudy skies):

The back is flannel to add a bit of warmth for this baby-to-be up north.



and that is the chair that had a wet leaf on it that got the newly washed quilt dirty again. Back to the wash!

Other "quilt tops soon to be quilts" are all from this series of small memory quilts for a several members in a family, made from shirts and clothing from their grandparents. Since the colors are similar on some of the sets I wanted to finish up a few of the tops before I decided on the backings. 



I finished one other of these quilt tops last week, but must not have taken a picture. After I finished that one, I found a couple of backing options locally, and bought enough for the first four. Hoping to get some of these finished up in the next couple of weeks--the stack is getting a bit ridiculous.


Comments