Memory quilts - the first two finishes

One of my friends asked me to create a set of memory quilts for the children in her family from t-shirts, flannel shirts, and house dresses from their grandparents. It has been an interesting challenge combining the different items along with other fabrics I had to make something lovely and memorable. 

Some of the sets lean toward warmer, fall colors like this one:




And then some of the others lean toward this mix of blue and greens:

The mosquitoes started attacking at this point so we didn't get a picture of the backing, which is a white with navy stripe, kind of like mattress ticking. I have one more of the quilts ready to quilt and bind--one of the fall color set-- and another blue/green one ready for cutting.


BUT ... I was invited to a baby shower and am working on something for that this week. A two color pink and white quilt. Blue/ green quilt will have to wait a week.



Comments