pink and white chain quilt

So my next finish (the week before last) was another baby quilt. After looking at the gift registry, I decided to go with a pink and white pattern--just solids. I googled that to get some ideas and found a picture of a vintage quilt that I loved. It was an old ebay sale. It is some variation on an Irish chain, and I haven't found the name of it yet.


After seeing the picture, I got out my graph paper notebook and drew the pattern from the picture to figure out how to piece it. It ended up being two different blocks. Because of my time constraints and because it was for a baby, I made it a bit smaller than the pictured quilt was.




As I usually do with baby quilts, I backed this one with flannel, and was able to use the same pink for the binding. I briefly thought about using the white for the binding, but those edges seem to get a bit dirtier. The pink will keep it looking better longer.



Comments

Post a Comment