last quilt of 2020

With the off and on cold weather, and staying inside more because of it, I decided to dig into my scraps and see what I could make. I ended up with this:


 I started with the green scraps and made as many blocks as I could. My scraps are all different sizes, so I really didn't make a dent in them--and even made more cutting the pieces into the 2 1/2" squares.


I then moved on to navy, and off-white low volume. I still needed more and added the orange and then the violet. Then just tried to get enough blocks out of each to get it how I wanted it. I used this navy striped fabric I had for the backing and the binding.


It is a small throw or child-sized quilt. I'm thinking at some point it will be a baby gift but don't know of many needing that right now!

Looking back at my quilts for the year, I think that makes 31. Eight of those were smallish memory quilts, but I'm still going to count them.

Comments