March quilt - up and down

 After Christmas I found a jelly roll of fabric of Kaffe Fassett's Collective fabric half off at my local quilt store Sewciety Quilt Co, so I bought it, even though I struggle a bit with precuts. After I few months of thinking about how to use it, I settled on a herringbone pattern. At first I thought about the more complicated version, where the pieces overlap. Like in this picture on the cover of Victoria Findlay Wolfe's book:



But gave myself a break and used the method where the pieces are assembled in columns, with no overlapping to deal with. The whites (very white in this photo) are a mix of solid white with some white on white pattern fabric I had. 


I ended up piecing together the backing to coordinate, since as usual I didn't have anything in those colors in a large enough piece.


Now on to the next one--in yellow.







Comments