Fridays

 As summer begin, I noticed that Fridays were going to be the perfect day to go out and do some fun "summer" things with my kids. We started on the first Friday in June but I really don't remember what we did aside from getting my daughter's last COVID vaccine taken care of, followed by doughnuts to celebrate. And maybe a trip to Robinson's Repurposed and Lowes to look at plants. 

The following week they were at camp. I probably sewed on a quilt.

Kayaking was on the agenda the week after that. We headed to west Oklahoma City to Bethany and Lake Overholser. I had the opening timing off, so we started first at Antique Co-op, a huge antique mall we like, where I grabbed a copy of a cookbook, my daughter found a round mirror, and my son found some albums.


Then we went back to the lake. Again, I had hoped we could have done this earlier that morning, since I knew it would be hot on the water, but at least there was a breeze. Of course that didn't help my daughter had hoped to use the paddleboards. They didn't allow them with that much wind. 








We finished up and headed to City Bites for a quick lunch--and a cookie!


We headed back to OKC the last Friday in June for the Festival of the Arts. 




 

It was great to wander around and see the art -- and talk to the artists when we wanted too. Typically this event is held in April but it was adjusted to June, likely due to COVID uncertainty when they were planning. My guess is that they will move it back to the spring since the heat was pretty brutal, especially for the artists sitting in their booths all week.

The first Friday in July was our vacation time, so it will get it's own post soon.

Yesterday? We made a morning trip to J & J Cactus and Succulents in Midwest City. It was one of the best greenhouses we have found in the area--especially if you are looking for cacti, which my son has been. He loved it there.


And then right after lunch, my daughter and I took a different road trip, this time to Prague. And we came home with this--sweet Clementine:



Comments