The July quilt

In June I found a quilt pattern called The Virginia Quilt by Kitchen Table Quilting that seemed like one that would be perfect for a group of fabric I had set aside. I added a few other fabrics to complete what was needed and then started cutting. It took me a bit to finish that, and then to assemble it--not because it was complicated, but because I guess I was doing other things. I finally finished it up last week, then quilted it yesterday and added the binding. 



I made the lap quilt size, so it ended up about 60" x 72" (at least close to that before washing). 

I didn't have enough of the binding fabric I chose so I found some scraps from another that were similar and used them to finish off the last side. They are similar--close enough to look the same at first glance, but a little different. You can see one at the top of this right side and the other switching over toward the corner and on down around the end:


For the backing I used a kitty flannel. I bought yards of this, planning to use it on the back of a double knit quilt top I found, but changed my mind. 


It was a unique pattern and I am happy with the resulting quilt. I'm not sure yet what I will do with this one--at this point I'm leaning toward adding it to my Etsy shop. Mostly I am glad to have finished it and thinking about what to tackle next to use up the growing bins of scraps.






Comments

Post a Comment