August quilt - denim

I've continued with my one quilt a month goal as I move into the end of the year. And most of this month, my wesing room was buried in boxes as we traded some of the bedrooms. Quite craziness! In the past I could make a couple in a month, especially smaller baby quilts. I keep pushing myself to make larger quilts, as well as try some different fabrics, patterns--anything a little different and on a larger scale. 

For my August quilt, I started with a box of fabric someone gave to me. Several people at my church gave me fabric this summer, and in one of them I found some preassembled pairs of squares. Each was a denim paired with a patterned fabric. The box contained tons of these, so I decided to finish this quilt start. I added some darker denim donated to me by another church member to complete the denim I needed as well as mix up the look a little bit.


I aimed for a twin size for this one.



 For the backing, I decided to piece together what I needed in keeping with feel of the front of the quilt.



Finished just in time for the end of the month--and in time to move more boxes into the room so I can finish a project in the hallway now.


Comments