July Fridays

The kids and I continued our local Friday adventures in July, starting with a trip to Summit Climbing on the 1st. It was a pretty good workout but not over the top. 








The hardest part for me is the mental battle to trust the belay system to get back down off the wall. I'm just supposed to lightly push myself off the wall and drop down. I'm pretty sure the first two times I just climbed back down because I COULD NOT just let myself drop. 

The next Friday was Isaac's last day of his two summer classes and the day before our vacation, so we did not go anywhere that I remember. Maybe the store for last minute something or other. And then the next Friday after that we had been on vacation all week and my daughter went on a local mission trip with the youth. 

So on to the 22nd. We went to OKC to visit the new First Americans Museum.



My camera doesn't do so well with dark interior shots.




We considered eating somewhere nearby, but ended up driving back to Norman to eat at Thai Thai. With a stop at Pei Wei first to get noodles for my daughter.


I had wanted to go to Oklahoma Contemporary Museum after the First Americans Museum, since both were near downtown OKC but my kids were done, so I ended up driving back to OKC on Saturday to go do that on my own. They missed out--especially the John Newsom: Nature's Course exhibit.








The final weekend of July was spent in Broken Arrow with my mother-in-law. We headed out to the Philbrook Art Museum Saturday morning, mostly to view the Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and Mexican Modernism exhibit.





photo op for my daughter in the selfie area





The gardens reminded me that I never planted the zinnias that I intended to plant again in my garden. I think I was going to need to clear more grass out and then it got hot and I just gave up on it. Maybe next year!

So that was it for July. The August list will be shorter--at least on the places I go with my kids--since they are heading back to school on Friday and on Monday. 

Comments