In Branson

Over Memorial weekend we made a short trip to Branson. It was the end of the school year and time for a trip away. I was a little over the storms too--unfortunately those followed us. My son was taking a summer class and stayed home to do that and make sure the dog had someone to pet her.  Our rental was on the river (Lake Taneycomo) and was so pretty, especially on the foggy mornings. 



Saturday was Silver Dollar City. Because of the holiday weekend, and the last weekend of their BBQ and Bluegrass theme, it was super crowded by the middle of the afternoon. But the morning was great. 











Because of our weather training in Norman all spring, every time I wake up to storms I check the radar. Or if my phone buzzes I check the weather warning and then the radar. Both nights I woke up to storms. I took a screenshot of this one Sunday morning. We had a little bit of hail with it. But as happened so many many other nights in April and May, I am finally able to go to sleep, only to wake up in the morning and learn about tornado devastation, this time in Claremore, OK and a little closer to us that night in Rogers and Bentonville, Arkansas. 


We saw a bit of the damage in Claremore as we drove home, mainly tree and sign damage from the interstate. And in my next trip, the one to Bentonville, we saw more. Now that I'm thinking about it, on my trip to Waco a couple of weeks ago, I saw the damage from the April storms in Ardmore and Fort Worth area. So much destruction this year, and I guess it is now time for hurricanes. 

Coming soon, photos from my trip to Waco with my roomies from Colombia, and the quilt I completed in June. 


Comments