Changes

So I think I'm going shift this blog focus a tiny bit. It will still be about food. However, while thinking about updating the family cookbook, I kind of wished that I could just make it with my own stuff--the food I liked. That's not the point of the family cookbook but I CAN do that on here. From now on (should I remember to post on here), this will be about the food I like. It might be recipes I found and love. It might be pictures and blabbering about some restaurant I love. Or it just might be a link to somebody else's yummy recipes.

To start, here is a yummy recipe for Black Bean Soup that my friend Trish made. I took no pictures--I was eating.

Black Bean Soup

1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or chopped
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans vegetable broth
1 T cider vinegar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper, to taste

Saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in 1 Tbsp oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 45-60 minutes. Pulse with hand held mixer to mush it up a bit.

Comments