Baking


It has been 105 degrees or close to it several days now. We have been trying to water the garden every morning to keep it growing. I don't see the point in watering the yard, since the Bermuda will be ok without it and if we water, we must mow.






Baked Strawberries, Blackberries, and Broccoli















Baked Pumpkin












The fruit from the farmer's market yielded a much more positive type of baking--Blueberry Peach Cobbler. I started with a recipe from Allrecipes.com. I wanted to use a pie crust I had, though, and didn't have any apple juice (or sherry). It was ok, but would've been better if it was a little sweeter. I'll adjust next time. The crust would also be great with some cinnamon-sugar mixture sprinkled on top.

Blueberry Peach Cobbler

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 T corn starch (this should probably be 2 T, without the apple juice)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
about 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 T butter
1 T lemon juice
1 pie crust

In a bowl combine all ingredients except the crust. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt baking dish. Place pie crust on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.







Like I said, the sugar needs some adjustment, and maybe I needed more peaches. That doesn't really look like 5 cups in that dish. This recipe from Martha Stewart's site might be better. However, it was still great with the homemade ice cream!

Comments

  1. why oh why did I never look to see if you had a blog! Looks like I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment