What I'm Reading

For now, the only book I am reading is Danny, The Champion of the World by Roald Dahl. This is a book I found at the library last week and have been reading to Isaac at bedtime. It's really great--one of the best Roald Dahl books I have read so far.

At that same library trip, I hurriedly found a fiction book for me off of the "new books" shelf. It was a wonderful book called Falling to Heaven by Jeanne Peterson. It was so good I read it in a day. It is historical fiction, which I love and helped my understand the why of "Free Tibet." Books like these really make me feel like I live in a bubble. The spiritual aspects of the book tied in well with what I have been learning about the community and servanthood that is the church--or that should be the church. It was fiction, which I wanted, but also kept me thinking, which I needed.

Comments