Morning wake up call

I miss my morning wakeup time on my trip, especially while in Amman. I was awakened every morning by the call to prayer at 5:30. I found it beautiful and it helped me wake up to pray, something I struggle to do here. Here is one recording I found on youtube. There are several more.

I miss it. I can't imagine what a devout Muslim who has moved here or to another non-Muslim country must feel. Such a beautiful sound (to me--although some in other areas were less so) helping them to re-center and re-focus their lives in prayer.




Comments

  1. I used to love that sound, too. Some of the muezzin (s) are simply better singers than others. Did you see any of the mosque clocks? Love the pictures of your trip and the adventures in the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment