Santa Fe Part 1

For the second year in a row, we headed to Santa Fe for an extended Labor Day weekend. This was our first real vacation of the summer--almost missed it! We got to make a lot of stops this year, since Grace has decided using the toilet is awesome. At least it broke up the drive a little.

These are some pics from the first evening and first full day there. We ate at The Shed, where Isaac got his favorite burger.




That day I read The Caliph's House by Tahir Shah, mostly in the car.

We spent the next morning just hiking around the mountain behind our rent house and hung out at the house. We ate lunch at the Plaza Cafe Southside (the night before we discovered the original one was closed for remodeling--due to a fire that happened last year while we were in Santa Fe. Should read the news more). That afternoon three of us went to the Georgia O'Keefe museum, but I didn't get any pics of that. Most of the galleries displayed art for their Shared Intelligence exhibit, which showed the relationship between photography and painting. All in all, it was our slow day of the trip. I read Dreams of Joy by Lisa See. It is historical fiction, one of my favorite types of books, and I highly recommend it.





 Shannon's next album cover
 Isaac trying to extract a cactus.
 My lunch-a BLT with avocado and some green chile stew


More to come tomorrow (or maybe later tonight if my meeting doesn't fry my brain).

Comments