Clipboards

Once upon a time (two weeks ago), I went to a Christmas craft and cookie exchange party. I made some chocolate covered cherry thumbprints to take and brought back a tray of all sorts of cookies.

I also brought home this clipboard I made:

My daughter saw it and wanted one. I had bought each of them a clipboard this summer, so with that and a bunch of scrapbook paper that I have (even though I don't scrapbook) I was able to make her one.

Then I asked my son if he wanted me to put some on his clipboard. At first he said no, of course. But then I showed him some paper that wasn't pink and he said yes.

I still had some clipboards, so I asked him if he would like me to make one for his teacher for Christmas:

And then I made one last one for the girl I mentor each week:
Now I'm out of clipboards. And almost out of Modge Podge.

On a completely unrelated note, this is what my office looks like during Giving Tree time. The hallway set was for children in the Crossroads Youth and Family Services program. The rest, those in my office, are gifts from members of First Baptist Church for children at Lincoln Elementary. It is a humbling and amazing opportunity for me to participate in with my church family each year.





Comments