My Whatever Craft Weekend

I'm back. The Whatever Craft Weekend was awesome, as was getting to meet Meg, Kimberlee, and some new friends.

My sister and I drove up to Kansas Friday afternoon. It was a quick drive and got there a bit early, so we drove around the town a little. But finally, it was time.

We were assigned the playroom and I chose this bed:
I love sunshiny beds.

While we waited for the others to arrive, I took some pictures of Meg's house. I did this off and on the whole time.

Our first evening was filled with pasta a la Betsy, apron ruffles, and chocolate peanut butter cake.



The next day we all woke up too early even though we were supposed to sleep in. I guess most of us have forgotten how to do that.





 This is Jen. I too spent a LONG time on this aisle, and brought home two quilts.



 The three crafts for the night--a wooden block for Isaac, a fabric headband for Grace, and two dishtowels.
Yes, the cheesecake WAS delicious.

Sunday morning was a slow morning. I took more pics of Meg's house, ate some more, and then we all assembled for final pics. I'll add the link to that soon. 





 Creme brulee french toast with strawberries and hash brown casserole. Yum!









 My new friend Meg.

 The awesome team behind Whatever Craft Weekends.

 Two prints of Meg's I brought home. She will be selling them (and others) soon in her shop.

All the stuff I brought home. Some I made. I bought the two quilts and the red suitcase. ALL the rest of the special presents we got. I'll add the link to the sponsors soon. One of my favorites was a ring from Crystal B. She has a cute flower bobby pin I plan to get for Grace.

And here is Grace modeling my apron and her new headband.

I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the break from my routine, the delicious food (that I didn't have to cook), and getting to meet so many creative and fun ladies. Two of their blog/shops I've checked out so far are Lily Cole Designs and Pitter Patter Art. Most of all, I loved getting to see Meg's house in person and getting to meet her. We talked Africa. She is a creative, loving, inspiring, funny woman--and she gives great hugs! She and her team were a blessing to all of us.



Comments

  1. Angela, I had the BEST time meeting you and all the other wonderful women! Your photos are great, but the pic of your daughter wearing "your" (probably hers now) apron is just too precious.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you too. Glad you made it home ok!

      Delete
  2. It was great to meet you this past weekend, Angela! Loved looking at all of your photos, and your daughter is too sweet in that ruffled apron!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet you too. You're hilarious!

      Delete
  3. you guys had such a blast! what an awesome weekend! :)
    love all of the crafts you made - what a gorgeous group you are!

    ps i slept in that same spot when i was there! :) i always wonder who gets each spot when i read the recaps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment