Around the World - part 3, Marrakesh and Casablanca

I am not patient enough to write the post about patience right now, or to figure out the easiest way to get the pics off of my new phone and on to this blog, so I'm moving on. It's gonna take this post for Marrakesh and Casablanca and then another for Paris.

 This is part of the Koutoubia mosque in Marrakesh.

My friends working on their bargaining skills. This was a tent around the edges of Djemma el Fna, the main square. That's the same square pictured at the end of the previous post.
 I wasn't brave enough to drink the OJ here--wasn't sure how much they were reusing (and cleaning) the glasses. The orange juice I had elsewhere was wonderful, fresh squeezed and sweet.
 Wandering around in the market.



 My lunch (I shared it). At least it had olives on it?

This was a large wall, I think as we were leaving Marrekesh. I don't know anything else about it. Reminds me of a Sting song.


 The lobby of our hotel in Casa. Hotel Ibis. So colorful and pretty.

 Casablanca sits on the ocean, so we chose a beach front place to eat dinner.

This is the Hassan II Mosque. There are some good interior pics and more info about it on wikipedia. It is a new mosque.

 More of the ocean. I really like it and don't see it much (never) here in Oklahoma.

Back to the mosque.




The next morning we headed to the airport. They have solar power there, according to this sign.

This is tip of Morocco on the right and Spain on the left.

 Landscape--maybe farms?--in Spain.

Our flight was uneventful and we made it to Paris. It was better than our first experience at the airport, thankfully.
More to come soon!

Comments