August quilt #1--and more

My sweet friend Amy (who just had a baby today) gave me my first commissioned quilt. She sent me a stack of napkins her grandmother had handpainted and asked if I could make a quilt with them. This is what I came up with:
 I have no idea why this is so blurry. Probably had it on some random setting.

 Each of the napkins were a bit different.

 My quilt holder. 



 The backing is an old sheet I found at Goodwill. I guess it is "vintage" not old.
 I really like the back now that I have a sewing machine that sews more consistently.



Hope you like it Amy! See you in a few weeks!

I am getting my energy back from being sick last week. One sign of this--I was actually considering painting the kitchen cabinets in the next week. Then I reminded myself that I should probably get the yard ready for the birthday party next weekend. Indoor painting sound SO much better than attacking an overgrown fenceful of trees and other things I did not plant. Luckily I still get to work on the apartment we are setting up for short term housing needs and can expend some of that decorating energy. I'll post some pictures of that next week.

I also made this cheesecake this week. I'm not good at serving these things neatly. Today I finally figured out that I should add strawberries on top.

 Happy boy.

Even happier. Making plans for the day he can buy himself a snake. When he doesn't live in this house anymore.
She's happy too. She found a little buddy (he stayed at the store).

She begged me to take her on a walk today. She found her stroller and wanted me to push her around while she drank water and played with toys. It is about 110 today. Finally at about 6 p.m., I gave in and took her for a quick tour. While we were out, I got her to pose a bit by this old garage I saw. She got mad because she wanted to stand by the new door on the end. I wanted the old door. So I started with the shoes (new for school) and it was one of my favorites.


She finally livened up and I got a couple more. Then she got hungry so I was able to get back inside.


Another quilt coming soon. I made the top in July but set it aside for a bit. It is smaller than this other one, so I should be able to finish it this week, as long as I don't go crazy with the birthday party decorations and food. I have enough quilts planned up that I could potentially finish up the year with two per month. If I do that, I think that would be 18 quilts this year? Crazy.

Comments

  1. I love the quilt you made with the dozen napkins - great pattern LOVE the colours - multi coloured and multi fabric quilts are my fave - the idea of the beautiful block with the "good morning" rooster in it is perfect to represent the sunrise! Great job.
    Pauline

    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment