September Quilt #2

This is my mom's quilt, finally. The OU game this weekend really helped me finish it up--couldn't just sit there and watch that mess. I made it with Riley Blake Seaside charm packs and Kona solid in Bone. My inspiration was this quilt by Jeni on In Color Order. I wanted a softer color for the checkerboard solids though.




The back is a vintage sheet, another one I picked up at Goodwill. The colors really match well. Someday I will start wandering some of the other aisles and see if I can find fabric to use for the quilt top. The binding is some navy I had. It is not possible to leave my house on a Saturday when there is a game--and I really really wanted to be done.



Already working on a couple for October, some smaller ones. I will need a bit of extra time because I have lost my mind and plan to sew my daughter's Halloween costume. Clothes from a pattern are way different than quilts.

Comments