April quilt #3 -- for Jennifer

I delivered it and it's already made it to Facebook, before we got home, so it's time to post the pictures. My cousin Jennifer turns 40 this month (she posted that on Facebook too so I'm going with it). We are just two months apart and got to spend a lot of time together as we grew up.




That's her on the right, with me next to her, and our siblings sitting on my dad.

And this is from last Christmas. Apparently I take lots of pictures of the kids and not many of the grownups.

She is an elementary school teacher, which is no surprise considering how much we played "school" with our grandma's leftover school supplies when we were little. As a special bonus for our year 40 celebration, she will be going on the mission trip to Kodiak Island with me, my parents, and the group from my parents' church early this summer.

I knew early this year, or maybe even last year, that I was going to make her a quilt for her birthday. I had a few fabrics I wanted to use, and made a trip to fabric stores with my sister one day at lunch to get the rest. The hardest part was deciding what to do with the fabric, but I finally landed on the Small Plates design from Elizabeth Hartman's book The Practical Guide to Patchwork.







I really love how it turned out. Happy birthday Jennifer!

Comments