Desert Rose, the best for last {July Quilt 4}

A couple (or more) of months ago, my mother-in-law asked me to make two quilts for her. I have finally finished the first of these. She wanted this one to be in desert colors--peaches, tans, oranges, golds--to match one of the guest bedrooms. That same weekend I received the four yards of Anna Marie Horner's fabric that I had spied on sale. When I opened that package, I realized I was holding the backing for her quilt and worked around that.


I really love this fabric.

I used the Swell pattern from Camille Roskelley's Simply Retro, but cut the pieces from fat quarters. It took a lot of cutting and piecing, but the blocks went together quickly. Which is good because there were alot of them.


I chose to just use the solid (Kona Bone) as the border, as I thought anything else would overpower the rest of the quilt. I used the last bits of the some of the fat quarters to make a scrappy binding. I really like how that looks with this quilt, and it made good use of ALL of the fabric. I really have enough scraps.




As I've mentioned before I like to wash these before I take the pictures, but I am out of color catchers and wanted the pictures up in July. This did allow me to lay the quilt on the ground. I couldn't hang it with all the mosquitoes swarming me so that was a bonus.



And that is the last quilt for this month, right on time.

Comments

Post a Comment