fall break

This past week was fall break at my children's school, a five day weekend. My parents invited us to spend it with them at Branson, which is beautiful this time of year.

We spent some time at Ripley's Believe it or Not, which was a mix of crazy things like shrunken heads (and a video to tell you how they did it!) and a lot of unique items people made. I'm not sure if all Ripley's focus so much on what people make or if this was because of Branson.


carved out of camel bones


what I would look like with longer legs





We also checked out the local Shepherd of the Hills trout hatchery and nature center.


My daughter and I visited a friend from college and her adorable family.

My sister and her husband arrived so we spent a lot of time the next day at Silver Dollar City.






I watched the videos from VBS twice this year. These Colossal Coaster World story videos were filmed at Silver Dollar City and told me to face my fears, trust in God--and ride the Wildfire roller coaster. So I did with my brother in law. No one else in the family watching us from that little viewing bridge took a picture, so you're just gonna have to believe me. My brother in law didn't even see the videos, so he is super brave. And persuasive--he got my sister to ride Outlaw Run and she doesn't ride roller coasters. Probably never will again either.


 Saturday was mostly taken over by ugly football, but I did take time out to check out a hiking trail with my daughter. Just a tiny portion, but I plan to go back next time.

On our drive home we made a short stop to visit the other grandparents, and my kids both got a little golf time in with grandpa and their uncle.



It was awesome weather, fun with family and friends, and just a chance to get away and do something different than our everyday routine in a beautiful area (if you stay off of the main highway 76 craziness).

Comments