a March quilt...sort of

Despite several other quilts in the past week or so, I finished a quilt today. It is a gift that hasn't been gifted though, so for now only one picture:

I really like how it turned out and will show you more pics as soon as I can.

Along the way, I picked out a couple of fabrics. They shared similar colors but were a bit different style.

I had them propped up on my bookshelf for awhile. With that cross on one and the little chicks on the other, it reminded me of Easter but I did not want to make an "Easter" quilt. One quilt I have wanted to make though is a Penny Patch, which I saw on the StitchedInColor blog (tutorial here). I looked through her fabric requirements and started digging through my fabric.


 I ended up with this, a mix of light blue, orange, a pop of violet, and a lot of neutrals. I needed 4 more low volume pieces but had everything else (I have since traded out that brown bird fabric for a different one). All of the pieces are now cut, with the largest squares laid out in the room. Grace tripped/slid into the room one day and knocked a few out of whack, so after getting it back how I wanted them, I took some pics with my phone. Which helped me put it all back together after the quilt I was quilting dragged all over them and messed it up way worse than she ever did.

I've also started a baby quilt earlier this week after I received the shower invitation. I had already planned what I was going to do a month or two ago but now had a potential deadline. It is made of half square triangles. All of those are sewn and cut and now need to be pieced into blocks. And I have no pictures but maybe next time!

Other than finishing that quilt, I did not sew any more today. I needed to do a chore or two, and spent a large chunk of the morning deciding on and buying some plants for the path along one side of my house. Now I just have to keep them alive! I always try to plant these things before the big spring rains (if we get them) so they can get a good soaking before baking in our hot summers.

For now that's all. Can't be spoiling all the quilty surprises.




Comments

  1. gorgeous fabric pull, and can't wait to see more of the finish. your sneak peek looks great!

    Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I might be missing out on something here.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment