sweet little piggies -- the mystery April quilt

Finally. I finished this quilt a month ago but could not share on here because it was a gift. After carefully guarding it in my house and on the blog--it's time!



Once upon a time I commented a quilt someone made for a teacher. The teacher was Ms. Fox and the quilter had incorporated lots of the cool fox prints. I told her it would be hard for me to make one for my son's teacher because her name was "Mrs Ham." I was thinking a little too literally. She suggested pigs. I wasn't sure. And then I noticed that Mrs. Ham used pigs on notecards and had pigs hanging in her room. That was good enough for me.

This is the Sweet Sixteen pattern from Pam Lintott's Antique to Heirloom Jelly Roll Quilts. I didn't use a purchased jelly roll, instead cutting strips from some pig fabrics I found on fabric.com and coordinating fabrics from my stash.

The backing is strips of the leftover pig fabrics (didn't really need to keep that on hand!) and more fabric from my stash. Best of all is this:

I visited the class during P.E. and got all the kids to sign it. Even better, no one was absent.

And the happy teacher today after her delivery from the three stooges plus one:


Thank you Mrs. Ham! You've been a great teacher for these kids.

Now I just need to get to work on something for my other child's teacher. Quickly.




Comments

  1. Cute quilt! That patch on the back with all their names is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is really cool - well done getting those signatures in secret!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment