nearly done

This week I noticed I hadn't finished a quilt since April. I had been working on one, but with the end of school and a trip to Istanbul, it was still in pieces. Too bad I couldn't take the sewing machine on the airplane! Since I got home, I have started on a commissioned quilt and really need the wall space for those blocks, so I may have a quilt finish for June!

When I downloaded the quilt top pics, I found the pictures from last week's wedding.
Not theirs!
These two:
They had a civil wedding years ago but wanted to have one recognized by their church. They got to renew their vows and celebrate their marriage with family and friends. And I was reminded that my Spanish classes were a LONG, LONG time ago.

Now on the to quilt top. I don't have a name for it yet. Maybe while I am quilting it Sunday or Monday I will be inspired.
I noticed one day that I had several of the Heather Bailey Nicey Jane line that I had picked up at random times. I looked online at the rest of it and ended up buying some charm packs before it was all gone. The quilt pattern was based off of this one by Red Pepper Quilts. I added some more blocks so it would be square.


I have one white square rotated the wrong direction there on the next to last row. Thankfully I have been reading The Nester's book, so I can tell myself  "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

These are the blocks I have finished for the next quilt.
Not quite enough of them. It will be this quilt from the cover of the latest Quilt Sampler magazine, with this blue, plus green/aqua, coral, and magenta. It should go pretty fast once I have this other quilt out of the way, and I'm thinking the change in colors will keep me from getting bored (it has a LOT of blocks).

Looking forward to some more quilt finishes after this long break! 
And maybe, if I remember, when I take the next group of pictures, I will take some of the fabric I bought in Istanbul, and not at the Ikea there, although I tried.

Comments

  1. I'm excited to see your "next quilt". I saw that magazine in the store and was intrigued. I like the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment