While watching some tornado coverage with the family last weekend, I worked through some different sixteen patch layouts. My kids even helped. At one point my son asked if this was fabric sudoku, and at that point, yes. After I brought some upstairs to sew them though I changed it around.
It ended up a regular pattern, with the purple diagonal down the middle and the other colors playing off of that. Once the blocks were done, I quickly realized the 6 blocks I had made with the scraps needed something else. Thankfully I had some off white and quickly had a baby quilt pieced together.
The colors remind me of fruit juices--maybe I'm just thirsty. I started to name it Juicy but since it is a baby quilt, and well, I remember too many juicy diaper incidents, it had to be something else. So it's Fruity Patooty. Still not sure about that one either but it is time to move on! This one will be given away as soon as I decide who needs it the most. And wash it. I haven't even washed it yet like I usually do after I finish, but it wasn't raining outside and who knows when the next chance for that would be.
Oh yeah. It has this fluffy flannel on the back to make it extra soft and snuggly.
That is ten quilts for the year, back where I wanted to be (my goal was two a month). After cleaning up my sewing room today and seeing what I have in progress, that should be easy for at least another month or two.