little boy blue

I've noticed I haven't made many boy quilts in a while, so while planning what to make this quarter I pulled some fabrics from my stash to make one. I had been thinking of using a plus pattern, but after cutting the squares and laying it out---umm, no. It didn't look right. So I pulled them back off the wall and went with a random patchwork.

I already had all of the fabric, even the flannel backing and the stripe for the binding. It is great to put them to use. Even better, as is often the case, by the time I started working on the quilt, I had figured out who gets to keep it. It will be on it's way this weekend and  it's one more finish for my 3Q Finish-Along list.

Now I'm off to finish the birthday cake for this birthday girl of mine:

Have a great weekend!


Post a Comment